Facilitating High Impact Learning
About this Workshop (2 days)
Organizations recognize the need to train their most valuable resource – their people – so that they can share knowledge and skills within their organization. In this workshop, your trainers and subject matter experts (SMEs) will learn practical skills to help them deliver effective training sessions ranging from a one-hour lunch ’n learn to a full-fledged multi-day training course. They will increase their confidence and be better able to promote the sharing of knowledge and skills throughout your organization.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for people who are either new to the role of trainer or for those who would like to improve their training delivery skills. It is appropriate for all trainers or subject matter experts (SMEs) who are required to facilitate training as part of their overall job responsibilities.
We suggest a maximum of 6 participants with one IWCC facilitator – or 12 participants with two facilitators for this workshop.
What Participants Will Learn
By attending this workshop, your trainers and SMEs will learn to:
• Assess their existing skill level as trainers and set goals for improvement
• Apply IWCC’s 5Cs framework to consistently deliver top-notch training
• Analyze learners’ needs, create a roadmap for their training sessions and prepare notes
• Create a learning environment that is conducive to adult learning
• Use training techniques that meet the needs of a variety of learning styles
• Generate discussion and encourage participation
• Give learner-centered instructions and constructive feedback
• Use questioning techniques to reinforce the transfer of learning
• Manage the dynamics of a group for best results
• Handle difficult participants.
We use video feedback extensively to reinforce participant learning.