High Impact Business Writing
About this Writing Skills Workshop (2 days)
Business today thrives on effective written communication. Every day your employees write to share valuable information with clients, colleagues and other business partners. This workshop will help your employees take control of their writing. It will provide a framework to help them write reader-focused documents that move projects forward. It will also give them tools and techniques to write in a succinct style and express ideas clearly. As a result, they will skilfully share information as well as build relationships and foster a professional image of your organization.
Who Should Attend this Writing Skills Workshop
This workshop is designed for people who need to write e-mails, letters and short reports as part of their job. It is especially ideal for those who have to write persuasively to managers, colleagues and clients in order to gain approval for projects or to obtain buy-in for new ideas.
We suggest a maximum of 15 participants for this workshop.
What Participants Will Learn
By attending IWCC’s High Impact Business Writing two-day workshop, your employees will learn to:
- Assess their current writing skills and set goals for improvement
- Plan and write business documents quickly and confidently using IWCC’s Five Cs Planner and Writing Template
- Write in a High Impact style that results in clear, readable and professional business documents
- Package information to engage readers and help them quickly find key points
- Use descriptive subject lines and openings to capture attention
- State a clear purpose and ask for specific action
- Use a constructive tone to build and maintain professional relationships
- Use writing strategies to influence or persuade
- Respond professionally to angry /difficult customers or to disgruntled colleagues
- Write, edit and proofread business documents quickly and effectively
To download a PDF version, click here.