Making Meetings Work
About this Meeting Skills Workshop (1 day)
Whether they lead or participate in meetings, your employees need to know how they can improve the quality and productivity of business meetings. IWCC’s Making Meetings Work workshop will help your employees adopt a set of proven best practices for meetings. By doing so, they will ensure that their meeting time is used productively.
Who Should Attend this Meeting Skills Workshop
Making Meetings Work is designed for people who spend 10% (or more) of their time in meetings. It is ideal for mixed groups of employees who want to develop best practices for effective meetings. It is also a particularly valuable session for intact work teams.
We suggest a maximum of 16 participants for this workshop.
What Participants Will Learn
By attending IWCC’s Making Meetings Work one-day workshop, your employees will learn to:
- Plan and design effective meetings by using IWCC’s Meeting Planner and Action Agenda Planner
- Capture highlights, decisions and actions from each meeting and ensure follow through
- Recognize and manage the common barriers to effective interpersonal and group communications
- Use effective communication and questioning skills to fully tap the resources of their groups/teams
- Listen actively to ensure that their groups/teams reach agreement and make quality decisions
- Use a range of facilitation tools to help manage information and “unblock” their meetings
- Self-manage their own group process and deal constructively with problems in group dynamics
- Adopt best practices before, during and after meetings to ensure that their time spent in meetings is well invested.