Writing Meeting Minutes
About this Workshop (1 day)
Effective, professional minute takers understand how to write action-oriented minutes that meet their readers’ needs. IWCC’s Writing Meeting Minutes workshop will help your employees write minutes that are clear, concise and accurately reflect the important components of a meeting. They will increase their awareness of their role as minute takers and the importance of accurate minutes.
Who Should Attend
Writing Meeting Minutes is designed for experienced and novice minute takers who want to understand best practices in taking and writing meeting minutes.
We suggest a maximum of 15 participants for this workshop.
What Participants Will Learn
By attending IWCC’s Writing Meeting Minutes one-day workshop, your employees will learn to:
• Identify their role as minute takers
• Take effective notes during a meeting
• Determine what information should be included in their minutes
• Design helpful templates for both formal and informal meeting minutes
• Organize minutes for busy readers (for both attendees and those who did not attend the meeting)
• Write minutes for formal and informal meetings by focusing on action items
• Identify and handle common problems or obstacles to writing clear minutes
• Finalize and distribute timely minutes.
Participants will practice writing minutes during a simulated meeting, then write and edit their final document.
To download a PDF version, click here.