About this Presentation Skills Workshop (2 days)
Scientists need to know how to present scientific information so that their audience understands the significance of their findings. IWCC’s Scientific Presentations workshop will help your scientists prepare their presentations quickly and efficiently and deliver information more effectively so that their audience can grasp their message. Your scientists will learn a proven framework for planning, developing and delivering audience-focused presentations.
Who Should Attend this Presentation Skills Workshop
Scientific Presentations is designed for R&D, QA, QC, Clinical or Regulatory Affairs personnel who are required to present scientific material. It is suitable for those who give informal presentations to small groups; for people who present papers at symposia; or for scientific specialists who present to non-scientific audiences.
We suggest a maximum of 6 participants with one IWCC facilitator – or 12 participants with two facilitators for this workshop.
What Participants Will Learn
By attending IWCC’s Scientific Presentations two-day workshop, your scientists will learn to:
• Assess their existing skill level and set personal goals for improvement
• Present scientific information so that their audience understands the significance of their findings
• Analyze their audiences and clarify the objective of their presentations
• Use a proven technique to develop audience-focused content for their presentations
• Design and deliver distinctive openings and closings that capture audience attention
• Use effective verbal and non-verbal techniques to deliver messages in a credible and professional style
• Design and use visuals to convey complex scientific information
• Design and deliver poster presentations
• Manage Q&A sessions with confidence.
We use video feedback extensively to reinforce participant learning.
To download a PDF version, click here.