Writing Effective Procedures
About this Writing Skills Workshop (2 days)
Procedures need to be easy to read and follow so that users will understand them quickly and easily. In IWCC’s Writing Effective Procedures workshop, your employees will learn how to design and write user-friendly procedures. By applying IWCC’s proven principles, they will spend less time planning, writing and editing their procedures. The users of their procedures will not waste time trying to decipher instructions and they will make fewer errors.
Who Should Attend this Writing Skills Workshop
Writing Effective Procedures is designed for people who are involved in writing or editing procedures in administrative, technical or scientific environments.
We suggest a maximum of 15 participants for this workshop.
What Participants Will Learn
By attending IWCC’s Writing Effective Procedures two-day workshop, your employees will learn to:
• Assess their procedure writing practices and set goals for improvement
• Analyze reader/end user needs and clarify the objective of each procedure
• Plan, organize and write procedures quickly and effectively using IWCC’s Procedures Planner and Reader Questions Technique
• Write clear, easy-to-follow instructional or procedural steps using an action-oriented style and High Impact writing
• Choose the best format and layout for their procedures
• Refine their procedures (Vetting, Editing and Proofreading)
• Design and incorporate visuals into the text.
To download a PDF version, click here.