Writing Scientific Papers
About this Writing Skills Workshop (2 days)
Preparing manuscripts that get published is critically important for many of today’s scientific professionals and their organizations. In IWCC’s Writing Scientific Papers workshop, your employees will learn skills and techniques for turning scientific data into publishable papers. These skills will significantly improve the chances of having papers accepted for publication by editors and reviewers.
Who Should Attend this Writing Skills Workshop
Writing Scientific Papers is designed for people who write scientific papers for publication.
We suggest a maximum of 15 participants for this workshop.
What Participants Will Learn
By attending IWCC’s Writing Scientific Papers two-day workshop, your employees will learn to:
• Assess one of their manuscripts against a set of proven criteria for a good scientific paper
• Apply the IMRAD format to effectively write sections of their paper (i.e. introduction, materials & methods, results, and discussion)
• Assess the clarity and effectiveness of their writing
• Write in a High Impact style to make their data and conclusions crystal clear to reviewers
• Write and edit manuscripts quickly, confidently and effectively
• Incorporate graphs, statistics and visuals into their text
• Write informative yet concise abstracts.
To download a PDF version, click here.