Writing Technical Reports
About this Writing Skills Workshop (2 days)
Technical report writers need to have the skills to turn technical facts into useful information for their readers. IWCC’s Writing Technical Reports workshop will give your employees skills and techniques for writing effective technical reports that move projects forward and share knowledge. Your employees will identify ways to reduce the time they spend writing and editing reports thus improving individual productivity. By applying IWCC’s framework for technical report writing, they will gain control over their report writing habits. They will learn how to consistently write reader-focused technical reports that both technical and non-technical readers will find useful.
Who Should Attend this Writing Skills Workshop
Writing Technical Reports is designed for technical writers who must report on field work, technical systems, the results of studies or projects, or make recommendations. It is especially useful for people who must communicate technical data to non-technical readers.
We suggest a maximum of 15 participants for this workshop.
What Participants Will Learn
By attending IWCC’s Writing Technical Reports two-day workshop, your employees will learn to:
• Assess their current technical report writing practices and set goals for improvement
• Write in a High Impact style that will result in clear, readable and useful technical reports
• Write, edit and proofread reports quickly, confidently and effectively
• Package information in a way that helps the reader follow the logic of a report
• Plan content using IWCC's Technical Report Planner
• Incorporate graphs, statistics and visuals to explain and support technical data
• Write effective Executive Summaries
• Explain technical information to non-technical readers.
To download a PDF version, click here.